DSG follows a long established tradition in the MOD of turning out apprentices of the very highest calibre and despite the financial constraints, DSG remains committed to its apprenticeship scheme.
The graduating apprentices completed a three-year training package as mechanical and vehicle electrical apprentices during which they worked on the Army's fleet of armoured vehicles.
Colonel David Swann, Commander of the Armour Centre in Bovington attended the event and talked of the importance of DSG in supporting the Armour Centre training fleet and the integral and efficient support by DSG staff. He added that this included recently graduating apprentices who are all supporting critical equipment alongside the troops in combat operations in
Daniel Poole from
Praising the graduating apprentices and apprentice masters for their commitment and hard work, Archie Hughes, DSG's Chief Executive says, "We have shown we can excel in providing students of every age and background with an apprenticeship that is the envy of industry. Our engineers and technicians are highly regarded and a DSG apprenticeship is one to be prized."
Two Bovington apprentices are attending the prestigious MOD Awards Ceremony in
1. Picture shows Archie Hughes with the 2010 apprentice graduates. Higher resolution image available upon request. A list of graduating apprentice prize winners is attached to this release.
2. DSG launched on 1 April 2008 as a new MOD Trading Fund with the primary focus of providing expert in-house maintenance, repair, overhaul and upgrade services for the through life support of the key land and air based platforms and equipment of the UK Armed Forces.
3. It draws together many unique capabilities that have been developed over several decades for the direct benefit of troops and their equipment at both home and abroad. DSG turnover is in excess of £200m, with a workforce of around 3300 strategically located throughout the
4. DSG's Head Office is located in
5. For further information about DSG or to arrange an interview, please contact the DSG press office:
Office hours: 01446 784007
Out of hours: 07710 789853
Office hours: 01264 383217
Out of hours: 07879 481018
DSG Bovington Apprentice Award Winners 2009/2010
DSG Bovington recruit apprentices both internally, from within the workforce and externally
Overall Apprentice of the Year
Phase 3 Apprentice of the Year
Daniel Poole Internal Apprentice
John Mentern External Apprentice
Phase 2 Apprentice of the Year
Chris Penny Internal Apprentice
James Hanmer External Apprentice
Phase1 Apprentice of the Year
Ben Camfield External Apprentice
UNITE Award to Most Improved Apprentice
Apprentice Master of the Year
Highly Commended Apprentice Masters
Nick Dominy, Keith Avant, Kyle Barnett, Stewart Polley, John Shanes, Richard Dunning, Pete Hubbard
Presented with Higher Level Qualification Level 4 Certificate in Advanced Automotive Diagnostics
Keith Avant, Stuart Richardson, Ryan Gibson, Peter Waite, John Mentern,
Christian Downs, Calum Roberton, Laurie Greenslade, Daniel Poole.