Mrs McGuire commented, "The Defence Support Group operation at Forthside makes a significant contribution to the local economy. I was impressed by the high level of expertise and skill shown by the workers who carry out maintenance on defence equipment on which our front line personnel depend, often for their lives. There are also workers from Stirling carrying out their duties in
Archie said, "DSG lays great store in maintaining positive relationships with locally elected representatives of the devolved administrations as well as those in central Government. I always take great pride in showing visitors, to any of our sites, the breadth of capability and outstanding commitment of the DSG employees who work hard to deliver a first class service to our Armed Forces both at home and overseas."
1. Picture shows Archie Hughes, DSG Chief Executive and Anne McGuire, MP talking to DSG 2nd Year Apprentice Angela McAllister.
2. DSG launched on 1 April 2008 as a new MOD Trading Fund with the primary focus of providing expert in-house maintenance, repair, overhaul and upgrade services for the through life support of the key land and air based platforms and equipment of the UK Armed Forces.
3. It draws together many unique capabilities that have been developed over several decades for the direct benefit of troops and their equipment at both home and abroad. DSG turnover is in excess of £200m, with a workforce of around 3000 strategically located throughout the
4. DSG's Head Office is located in
5. For further information about DSG or to arrange an interview, please contact Venus Tingzon, in the DSG press office:
Office hours: 01264 383217
Out of hours: 07879 481018