For the three men going to work overseas was not completely unknown territory. Mike Norton and Graham have both supported the British Army Training Unit Suffield in
Despite the testing conditions and the hostile environment to contend with, the team's spirit and high standard of output delivered a very successful programme and led to DSG awarded main contractor status to operate the Full Regeneration Capability facility until 2013.
As the men received their medal from Archie Hughes, DSG Chief Executive, their colleagues watched proudly.
Archie Hughes, said, "DSG is never short of volunteers committing to and deploying to Camp Bastion for long periods away from their homes and loved ones. They are all excellent ambassadors for our business and the roles they are performing on a daily basis are certainly appreciated by their Armed Forces colleagues. They are all a credit to DSG and they have our grateful thanks for everything they have done and continue to do in supporting the
1. Image 02-11 Medal recognition_Bovington_Graham
2. Image 02-11 Medal recognition_Bovington_Mike Norton shows Archie Hughes (left) presenting Mike Norton with his medal.
3. DSG launched on 1 April 2008 as a new MOD Trading Fund with the primary focus of providing expert in-house maintenance, repair, overhaul and upgrade services for the through life support of the key land and air based platforms and equipment of the UK Armed Forces.
4. It draws together many unique capabilities that have been developed over several decades for the direct benefit of troops and their equipment at both home and abroad. DSG turnover is in excess of £200m, with a workforce of around 3000 strategically located throughout the
5. DSG's Head Office is located in
6. For further information about DSG or to arrange an interview, please contact
Office hours: 01446 784007
Out of hours: 07710 789853
Visit: www.dsg.mod.ukRef: 02/11