The sole adult apprentice in this latest intake is local Catterick man, Bruce Thomson who joins DSG following a military career in the Armed Forces with the 1st The Queen's Dragoon Guards (Welsh Cavalry), which saw him take part in operations in
Speaking about his visit to DSG Catterick, Mr Hague said, “On my recent trip to
Adding his own comments following the signing ceremony, DSG’s Chief Executive, Archie Hughes said, “A DSG apprenticeship is a highly valued and well regarded qualification throughout industry and we are justifiably proud of the achievements attained by our apprentices at every level. We were delighted to welcome Mr Hague here today to act as witness for our new apprentices and the Deeds will now be held securely until their graduation in three years time.”
1. Attached picture shows Mr Hughes (left) with apprentices Jamie Edgar, Christopher Gray and Bruce Thomson alongside Mr Hague.
2. DSG launched on 1 April 2008 and brought together the ABRO and DARA businesses into a single new defence Trading Fund. DSG’s primary focus will be in providing expert in-house maintenance, repair, overhaul and upgrade services for the through life support of the key land and air based platforms and equipment for the UK Armed Forces.
3. It draws together many unique capabilities that have been developed over several decades for the direct benefit of troops and their equipment at both home and abroad. The combined businesses will turnover in excess of £200m, with a workforce of around 3800 strategically located throughout the
4. DSG’s Head Office is located in
5. For further information about DSG, contact Allan Robertson, press office:
Office hours: 01264 385799 or 01446 755202
Out of hours: 07710 789853